About a woman who cuts her hair....

I'm very much aware of the fact that I can be a gutsy woman sometimes, and last weekend my gutsy self took a trip to the barber and salon, if you ask any African woman she will tell you that it takes a lot of guts to do what I did, even my Ghanaian barber had that to say about me , his first reaction when I told him what I wanted to be done was another question, "but why?" he asked, and after getting down to it he had to commend me for my guts, but the best comment was from the lady, who happened to be the salon manager and an excellent colorist, and she was spotting a teeny weeny hair cut as well, she quoted Coco Channel , "that a woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life", not exactly that my going bald had anything to do with anticipated major changes in my life but I still like the idea of welcoming big changes in my life on a crazy and bald-bold fiery note, like that of chopping off alla your hair and coloring it hot red, it's crazy I know and I just did it, these are the moments I look back on a year or two back and get to think "wow"  and these are the moments I'm made up of and will one day get to tell my kids that once upon a time I was a red head, a bald red head ... hahaha!  

No comments:

Post a Comment